The new Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) has been formally accepted by the IITs and different state boards for giving admission to undergraduate programmes in Engineering/Technical programmes. According to the official statement of CBSE, the JEE (Main) exam will replace the AIEEE exam and JEE (Advanced) will replace the IIT-JEE from next academic session.
The Joint Entrance Exam will be conducted in two parts: JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced. According to the new pattern, only top 150,000 who qualify the exam will be eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced.
Admission to prestigious IITs will be done on the basis of category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in Advanced exam and top 20 percentile categories of such candidates in CBSE exam. However, admission to NITs and IIITs will be given on the basis of performance in Class XII board exam with 40% weightage and remaining 60% weightage will be given to performance in the JEE Main.
JEE Entrance Exam 2017
JEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Those who want to appear in JEE (Main) 2017 must have passed Class XII examination or its equivalent qualifying examination from a recognised board or university. Those who are appearing in the Class XII final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in the JEE (Main) exam. However, admission criteria in the respective institution/university will be followed as mentioned by the respective university/institution as per the guidelines & criteria prescribed by AICTE.
List of Qualifying Examinations for JEE 2017
- Candidates must have qualified Class XIIexamination in the 10+2 pattern of the examination from a recognised Central/State Board of Secondary examination for CBSE or ISCE.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognised Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Any Public School/Board/University in India or in foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities or as equivalent to 10+2 pattern
- HSCVocation examination.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- HSC3 or 4-year diploma from AICTE approved State Board of Technical Education.
JEE 2017 Examination Pattern
JEE Main examination would have the following exam pattern
The first paper would have objective questions that relates to physics, chemistry and mathematics which you will have to answer within duration of three hours.
The second paper would contain three parts that consists of mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test. The drawing test among these would be of objective type. This test should be answered within time duration of three hours.
When will JEE 2017 be held?
Normally both the online and offline exams would be held in the month of April every year.
This examination has proved to be extremely helpful to the students and pupils who clear this examination are sure to get the best out of it.
We wish you all the luck and all the best for the JEE exam of this year.